Germs are everywhere and we need to take precautions against them. Part of those safeguards include making sure we have enough nutrients in our bodies, including Vitamin C, to keep our immune systems running at peak levels.
Vitamin C is known as the powerhouse of vitamins because it does so much for your body. From boosting your energy to fighting chronic diseases, there really isn’t much this nutrient doesn’t do.
In fact, Vitamin C shots are recommended as a preventative measure and it’s already a commonly offered at iCRYO locations!
Some of the Benefits of Vitamin C
Research continues to show new and incredible ways that Vitamin C helps us fight the signs of aging and improve overall health.
Some of the major benefits of this powerhouse nutrient include:
- Building your immune system to fight colds and other germs. When your immune system is functioning at a good performance level, you can still get sick. The difference is that your odds of recovering faster and with fewer complications are better.
This is a crucial necessity when it comes to viruses. If you are exposed to the germ, having a great immune system gives you more strength to fight against it.
- Improved stress resistance. Stress is one of the major factors that will lower your Vitamin C levels, therefore weakening your immune system. Living an unhealthy lifestyle through overeating, smoking, drinking, and other bad habits automatically puts you at risk of not getting enough Vitamin C.
With enough Vitamin C every day, your stress resistance improves, letting your body fight the toxins from daily bad habits and germ attacks.
- Decreased risk of certain chronic diseases. Some studies have shown that the higher your Vitamin C levels consistently, the lower your risk of developing complications such as strokes, cancer, and cardiovascular disease.
Researchers aren’t sure of the reasons behind the correlation, but the statistics do show a strong connection between healthy eating with fruits and vegetables and lower risk of these conditions.
- Slower signs of aging. The effects of aging aren’t just external. Your entire body gradually feels and displays signs of getting older through pain and stiffness in your joints, clogged arteries, and other internal factors. Vitamin C helps internally, but it also limits the external signs of aging on your skin.
High levels of Vitamin C have been associated with improved hydration of the skin. This healthy factor helps your cells continue to regenerate well, meaning fewer wrinkles, fine lines, and discoloration.
So How Can You Get More Vitamin C in Your Life?
The great thing about Vitamin C is that it’s one of the easiest and safest nutrients to add to your daily routine. Fresh foods, supplements, and other options give you the choice of how you want to up your Vitamin C levels.
Since you can’t store up this vitamin, there’s no worry about overdosing. Any extra levels are excreted from your body. While this is a benefit, it also means you have to work on getting enough Vitamin C every day, without fail, to keep your body running at peak levels.
Of course, the Vitamin C you receive directly from fresh fruit is going to be more powerful than what you get from a processed meal.
Here are some ways you can get high-impact Vitamin C every day:
- Fresh fruits and veggies. Experts recommend that you eat nine servings of fruits and vegetables every day. The farther removed from the farm they are, the more you’d have to eat to reap the benefits. In other words, veggies from a can aren’t going to be as beneficial as direct from the garden would be.
It’s not always easy for us to get nine servings daily of these fresh foods, especially for picky eaters. If you’re in this group, be sure you’re getting your Vitamin C other ways as well.
- Supplements and powders. Vitamin C is one of the nutrients that are able to be absorbed in pill form, and there are many daily supplements that have it in them. The only problem with these supplements is that if you’re not using top-shelf quality, they are often full of “fillers” or watered-down ingredients.
- Vitamin C Shots – The fastest way to get anything into your body is to inject it directly into the bloodstream. When it comes to Vitamin C, this method gives you an immediate energy boost as well as other benefits.
You can use it preventatively by scheduling an appointment with your medical team at iCRYO.
Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin C Every Day
Vitamin C has so many benefits, it is possibly the most important nutritional factor for your body. And it’s easy to get if you know what you’re looking for.
You need to reload your C levels every day, and one easy way is through Vitamin C shots with iCRYO.